Journal of Cultural Economics
Papers published in the journal apply economic analysis to a range of creative and performing arts as well heritage and cultural industries, whether publicly or privately funded. The journal also explores the economic organization of the cultural sector and the behavior of producers, consumers, and governments operating within the sector.
Readers will find original papers dealing with the theoretical development of cultural economics as a subject, the application of economic analysis and econometrics to the field of culture, and the economic aspects of cultural policy. In addition to full-length papers, the journal offers short papers and book reviews.
Submitting a paper to the Journal
The Journal has 2 co-editors who oversee all papers published within the Journal.
The current co-editors are:
O’Neill School of Public and Environmental Affairs
Indiana University – Purdue University, Indianapolis
801 W. Michigan St.
S4073; Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Department of Economics
University of Florence
V. Pandette 32, Florence, Italy, 50127
In addition to the main Journal co-editors the current book review editor is:
WZB Berlin Social Science Center
10785 Berlin, Germany.
The current members of the Editorial Board for the Journal of Cultural Economics are:
- Orley Ashenfelter Industrial Relations Sector, Princeton University, USA
- Darlene C. Chisholm Suffolk University, USA
- Alan Collins Nottingham Trent University, UK
- Gillian Doyle University of Glasgow, UK
- Bruno S. Frey University of Basel, Switzerland
- Bruno Heyndels Vrije Universiteit Brussels, Belgium
- Jordi McKenzie Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- S. Abraham Ravid Yeshiva University, New York, USA
- Michael J. Rushton Indiana University, USA
- Bruce Seaman Georgia State University, Atlanta, USA
- Jen Snowball Rhodes University, South Africa
- David Throsby Macquarie University, Sydney, Australia
- Ruth Towse Bournemouth University, UK
- Patrick Waelbroeck Ecole Nationale Supérieure des Telecommunications, Paris, France
- David Walls University of Calgary, Canada
Indexing of the Journal
The Journal of Cultural Economics is abstracted/indexed in:
- ABI inform
- CABI Abstracts
- ERIC System Database
- International Bibliography of the Social Sciences
- Journal of Economic Literature
- Research Papers in Economics
- Social Science Research Network
- Sociological Abstracts
- Social SciSearch
- Current Contents/Social and Behavioral Sciences.
The Journal is also included in the Social Science Citation Index with an Impact Factor in the 2018 Journal Citation Reports (JCR) of 1.825 and a 5-year Impact Factor: 1.579 and is officially cited as: J Cult Econ.