Benefits of Becoming a Member
Members of the Association are part of a network of scholars, researchers and practitioners interested in advancing cultural economics. Benefits of membership include:
– Discounted rates of conferences and events organised by the ACEI
– Complimentary access to the Journal of Cultural Economics (full membership entitles holders to a print subscription while reduced members can request free e-access)
– The option to have your details listed on our website to enable visibly formally in recognising your membership to the Association (this is optional)
– Being part of the ACEI mailing list so that you hear about relevant news and events to cultural economics, such as announcements about conferences, special issues with journals (note: contact details for this mailing list are not shared outside of used for any other purposes than those associated with the ACEI)
– Eligibility to run for office to become an ACEI office-bearer (e.g. board member, President) and vote in ACEI elections
– The satisfaction that comes from belonging to a community of scholars, researchers and practitioners that share an interest in advancing the field of cultural economics broadly defined
There are different individual membership options that vary by length (1, 2, 4 and 6 years) and type (full or reduced). The longer you join for the bigger the discount.
Also to save money, reduced options are recommended. Reduced memberships provide the same benefits as full memberships except that full members receive a subscription to the print version of the Journal of Cultural Economics. Those on reduced memberships can request complimentary e-access to the journal and may contact the Executive Secretary-Treasuer to organise this if required.
Membership is on a rolling basis. For example, if you take out a 2-year membership on 15 September 2023, the expiry date would be 15 September 2025.
Prices are expressed in US Dollars.
When you join or renew your membership you should receive an automated email from Paypal. Also within one week, you should receive a further email from the ACEI confirming your membership details. If you do not receive an email from the ACEI please contact the Executive Secretary-Treasurer.
If you have any questions or wish to discuss membership please contact the Executive Secretary-Treasurer.
Ready to Join? Complete the ACEI complete the membership form below and select your preferred membership type (reduced or full) and length (1, 2,4 or 6 years).
If your University of organisation has five of more staff that would like to join the ACEI then this is a cost effective option. Institutional memberships start from USD 700 to cover up to 5 individual staff members with an email address linked to the institution taking out the membership. If your institution has over 5 staff to join the ACEI then extra individual staff can be added to institutional membership at a rate of USD 140 per additional member. The length of all institutional memberships is 2 years. All institutional members will be acknowledged on the ACEI website.
USD 700 for 2 years
With option to add members at USD 140 per personGet in touch